Together with God We Can!
Vision for the Next 2-4 Years
Published March 21, 2018
In I Corinthians 3:9, Paul told the believers at Corinth that together they were God’s co-laborers. That is, together with God they can accomplish what he leads them to do!
In the next 2-4 years, we will be focusing on five things that I believe will help our churches, pastors and leaders.
- We want to encourage pastors, leaders and their families as they minister in their churches. We plan to do this through coaching, peer groups, building community, offering counseling when needs arise assisting churches in giving their pastors sabbaticals and offering training and equipping. We desire that those who come to serve in the Dakotas will find family, nurture, enrichment and encouragement as they serve.
- We want to strengthen churches through offering a process to church revitalization. We are looking for churches who would be willing to allow us to come alongside them and lead them in a process of revitalization that would follow a 5-step process – Prayer, Assessment, Customization, Implementation, Celebration
- We want to offer churches help as they walk through periods of leadership transition. We will offer assistance in finding transitional pastors who can help churches during those times when they are pastorless. We will be looking for opportunities to train pastors and lay people in the area of transitional pastoring. We will offer church training in how to search for a pastor.
- We will continue to help churches plant churches as we partner with the North American Mission Board and the staff we share with them.
- And last, we will move toward utilizing contract and volunteer workers to help us in our work across the two states. We will be looking for pastors and leaders who can assist churches in becoming stronger and more effective in the area of small groups, evangelism, discipleship, worship and age group ministries. This will be a way for us to shrink our geography and create more touches with our churches.
Our desire is to help our churches accomplish their mission and strategy. Our aim is not to say we can do it, you can help; but to say to each of our churches, you can reach your community, you can make a difference and we, the DBC, can help.
Let us help you!
-Garvon Golden, Executive Director/Treasurer